12 x 12 | materials cardstock (American Crafts) + patterned paper (Studio Calico) + buttons (Studio Calico, My Mind's Eye) + flair (A Flair For Buttons) + washi tape (K&Co.) + mist (Studio Calico, Heidi Swapp) + stickers (Studio Calico) + fonts (Bebas)
A Note from Diane
Doing a layout about how much I love apps and how they have simplified my life and made things more fun has been on my mind for awhile. The "Top 10" theme this month was the perfect way to document it. As I sit here looking at my finished layout I've noticed that four of my favorite apps are photography related and one other app tracks all my social media and lets me record little notes and photos that I don't post to social media. It is easy to see from this layout that my iPhone and its apps are an important tool in my memory keeping process.
The journaling is on a piece of paper attached behind the layout by the arrow paper clip and reads: I love my iPhone and apps. They simplify my life, help me stay organized and informed, but most importantly they bring a whole new meaning to memory keeping…5 of my 10 favorite apps are used specifically for that purpose. My most used and loved apps, in no particular order are:
1) Maps - gets me where I need to be and helps me check traffic so I can take the fastest route
2) Momento - organizes all of my social media updates and allows me to add notes and pictures that aren't posted online too
3) Cozi - keeps me organized
4) Pinterest - allows me to pull up any pin, anywhere and provides hours of entertainment when not at home
5) Mealboard - my recipe keeper and grocery list generator, all with the click of a button
6) Camera+ - a favorite photo editing app
7) Radlab - my newest favorite photo editing app that works miracles on under exposed photos
8) Picfx - my favorite way to add flare to my photos
9) The Weather Channel - well, because a girl needs to know what to wear at all times, and
10) Instagram - the ultimate way to share what I'm passionate about…my family and capturing our lives.
July Fun Fact
I recently traveled to France with my husband and while there enjoyed a cooking lesson with a chef that cooked for Jacques Chirac, the former President of France.