Hey scrappy friends, Aly Dosdall here and I’m so excited to be hosting Write. Click. Scrapbook. this week. I’ve got something kind of different planned that I think you’re going to love. I’m a big fan of adventures—books, movies, travel. And I also love a good mystery—remember Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys? Encyclopedia Brown? Loved ‘em. So…this week I’m going to take you on a creative adventure, and the mystery part is you’re not going to find out exactly what it is until we’re done! Are you game?? Cool!! Let’s get started.
Each day we’re going to work through a few steps of creating the project. I will post a video explaining those steps and you can ask me any questions that you have, and I will do my best to answer them…except what the project is, of course. LOL! If for some reason you can’t view the videos, I will also post the steps after the video with some photos included. By the end of the week you will have an adorable project that you and your loved ones will treasure, and you will have had a blast making it! So, without further ado, here is your video for today :
Now, for those of you who can't view the video, here's what you need to know for today:
1. Hint about the project: I'm a big believer in scrapping your own story in addition to scrapping about all the other important people and things in your life.
2. Here are the supplies you need to gather to get going on this project:
- Two 15x20 sheets of mounting board available at art supply stores, Michael's, or Hobby Lobby. (If you don't have a large enough trimmer you may want to ask someone in the custom framing department to cut it into at least fourteen 5x7 blocks. Or you could just purchase 14 sheets of 5x7 chipboard.)
- 5 sheets of patterned paper that make you HAPPY!
- A monogram alpha about 2 inches wide (or you can die cut your own)
- Letter stickers
- 4.5 yards of ribbon
- journaling tags, strips, or labels
- embellishments such as buttons, brads, or flowers, no bigger than about 1 inch
- some way to bind this project (ie bind-it-all, hole punch and jump rings/ribbon)
So go ahead and start gathering your supplies and meet me back here tomorrow for part 2 of our creative adventure mystery project!