We're participating in a blog exchange with SRM Stickers this week—you'll see four beautiful projects perfect for Mother's Day designed by four talented members of the SRM Stickers design team, and if you hop on over to the SRM Stickers blog, you'll find some familiar WCS faces over there! If you're new to Write. Click. Scrapbook. this week, welcome! Explore our archives and galleries and be sure to say hello (and visit us often). Please welcome today's guest designer, Nina Brackett!
This project is a beautiful, unique way to give a gift of cards for Mother's Day. Follow Nina's step-by-step directions to make your own set!
To complete Nina's project, you'll need to gather the following; Nina lists her specific product choices in parentheses.
For the cards:
• 6 A2 size cards (Gina K Designs Lipstick Red and Ivory)
• 3 5.5" x 3.5" blue cardstock panels (Stampin' Up Baja Breeze)
• 3 5.5" x 3.5" aqua cardstock panels (Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist)
• 3 4" x 3.25" ivory cardstock panels
• 3 4" x 3.25" yellow panel (Gina K Designs Sweet Corn)
• Coordinating patterned papers (Cosmo Cricket Early Bird Collection)
• big doily stamp (Gina K Designs Nana's Needlework stamp set)
• Red (Distress Brick by Rangers), Tan (Clearsnap), Embossing Inkpad (Versamark)
• White Embossing Powder (Stampin' Up!)
• Sticker Sentiments (SRM Sticker Sentiments Thinking of You, Love and Birthday)
• Ivory Ribbon (Gina K Designs), lace
• Aqua pearls (Mark Richards)
• Tools: heat gun, sponge dauber, corner rounder punch
For the box:
• sturdy 8.5" x 6"carstock (Gina K Designs Lipstick Red)
• 2 3" x 6" blue cardstock strips (Stampin' Up Baja Breeze
• Patterned paper panel (Cosmo Cricket Early Bird Collection)
• Big white flower (Bazzill)
• 24" ribbon (Gina K Designs), blue ribbon (Stampin' Up! Baja Breeze)
• "Just for You" sticker (SRM Sticker Sentiment Birthday)
• a scoring tool (I used ScorPal, but an old fashioned ruler and the back of a knife will do)
• a paper trimmer
• a clear box (Gina K Designs)
• strong adhesive (Scor tape)
• Tools: decorative border punches (Fiskars) or scissors, sewing machine
To make the cards....
- Round corners of one side of card bases.
- Stamp doily on ivory panels with red ink. Heat emboss doily stamp on yellow panels using white embossing powder.
- Sponge all edges of cardstock with tan ink.
- Adhere patterned paper strip, lace, doily panel on blue/aqua cardstock panel.
- Adhere piece to card base, then tie bow.
- Adhere sticker on ivory cardstock, trim, round corners, and mount using pop dots on card front.
- Repeat steps for all six cards.
To make the card box...Border punch two blue strips of cardstocks. Adhere to box sides. Wrap ivory ribbon around box, adhere. Adhere patterned paper panel on box front. Stitch around. Cut a stem from blue cardstock, adhere.
Nina Brackett is a Filipino-American living in Croatia, where she shares her love of papercrafting with friends in Croatia and Bosnia and as outreach for the women in her small town. Her work has been published in magazines including Cards and Papercrafts, among others. In addition to her work for SRM Stickers, she also designs for Card Patterns and Gina K Designs. She is married to a Bible professor and is the mom of three girls. Read more about Nina by visiting her blog, Crafting in Croatia.