Hey! I thought we'd wrap up our Teen Talk week with talk about Special Occasions. These are the years that fly by in a blur of 16th birthdays, driving tests, SATs, and proms. Before you know it, you're driving 15 hours to Nova Scotia to drop your baby girl off at university while wondering how she'll ever figure out how to navigate the cafeteria, much less the world, on her own. Oh wait...maybe that's just me. Let's move on quickly, shall we?
Here's a handy little list of ideas for teen special occasion layouts (be sure to add your own in the comments!):
- Birthdays - all the "usual" stuff, but even more attention to milestone birthdays!
- Dances - formals, homecoming, prom - if they're dressing up, you'd better be snappin'!
- Rites of Passage - driver's license, first jobs, first cars
- Graduation - be sure to include memorabilia such as grad tickets & programs
- Award's ceremonies - sports, academics, community service
- College! - college visits, applications, and then finally....move in
Here are a few of my fave special occasion layouts...
today's teen tip: don't hesitate to hand your camera off to someone else to capture these important photos - you want the memories, but you also want to experience them with your teen. ENJOY!