Every month I sit to write and I think, "Really? A whole month has already passed?" And then I shake my head, sigh, and recall what a fabulous month it has been.
June began with a fun birthday celebration. After much hemming and hawing about whether it was 3 or 4 (why is it that we turn our birthday number at the end of our year, rather than at the beginning??), we ate some virtual cupcakes and were thrilled to have some new team members, a new gallery, a talent search, and a giveaway! Woohoo! Who cares about the number, after all! We're just happy to be here with you!
With the return of our summer dailies posting series, we have already been honored to learn from Marnie, Vivian, Lisa, Emily, Monika, Diane, Amy, Emily, Paula, Francine, Celeste, our new Valerie, Donna, our also new Teka, and Katrina. We have addressed school's end, summertime, beaches, flags, fathers, and reading. Did you know that this month alone has brought you 60 layouts, 6 mini albums, 3 sketches, 2 cards, and a handful of ideas for home decor, and project life. We are doing our best to keep your summer filled with scrapbooking tips and inspiration that is doable, and fun!
There are only seven more days until our new gallery, so we wanted to take one last look back at our gallery. Shall we go together?
Last month, as we walked through the gallery, we put together lists of page starters, prompts, or ideas, separated by our three site themes, write, click, and scrapbook. We thought it was helpful to re-examine the layouts with a different perspective (and fun, too!). Did you agree? We hope so, because we are doing it again!
This month, we are going to start with journaling. Without further ado, here are 25 stories to write:
- a time we changed a tradition (Christa)
- the story of our pet coming to our home (Celeste)
- a snapshot of my day told in words (Donna)
- if I were a pet, I would... (Lisa)
- document a family first (Paula)
- how I celebrated my birthdays as a child (Deb)
- how has your style changed over the years (Kelly)
- how you prepare your home for visitors (Valerie)
- a scaled back celebration (Francine)
- the favorite beverage in your home (Diane)
- when I was small, I loved to pretend that... (Vivian)
- document a ritual that you have in your home (Keshet)
- what it means to you to have a sibling (Monika)
- record something that is ending (Kathy)
- how do you feel about your children right now (Teka)
- tell of a family trait that you inherited (Marie)
- make a list of things you would like to do this summer (Lisa)
- use one word to capture your child's personality (Sarah)
- list 5 things that describe each member of your family, right now (Emily)
- something that made me happy today was... (Katrina)
- your favorite mode of transportation (Erin)
- something that changed between last year and this (Amy)
- I witnessed a miracle when... (Emily)
- how you feel when all your kids are getting along (Marnie)
- a new family tradition (Karen)
Moving on to photos... Here are 25 photos you could consider taking so that you don't end up with the same photos day after day. (Oh wait, that's me. sorry... teehee!)
- your child at play from the backside. be sure to include some of the surroundings. (Christa)
- headshot of your favorite pet (Celeste)
- a snapshot of my day told in photos (Donna)
- soaking up the sunshine (Lisa)
- the food you ate at a summer event (Paula)
- a summer beverage (Deb)
- a cute outfit (Kelly)
- a child practicing a skill (Valerie)
- a photo mid-action (Francine)
- your family eating breakfast (Diane)
- a field trip photo (Vivian)
- you wearing your favorite top (Keshet)
- your family just being together (Monika)
- a final event (Kathy)
- a selfie with someone you love (Teka)
- someone resting (Marie)
- an usual pose (Sarah)
- a coordinated clothing photo (Emily)
- something you know you will miss in five years (Katrina)
- photograhic evidence of the reason you are tired (Erin)
- a person-less photo that helps tell the story (Amy)
- freshen your makeup and do a selfie! right now! (Emily)
- your people in the back of your car (Marnie)
- your table (Karen)
Lastly, our gallery is filled with great design. Here are some tips and ideas to try to keep your pages fresh!
- trend alert: rulers and measuring tape (Christa)
- try cutting your title out of some patterned paper and using the negative (Celeste)
- use your favorite stamp (Donna)
- use the same patterned paper in two places, but in different proportions (Lisa)
- frame out your photos (Paula)
- repeat your elements in three places on your layout, creating a visual triangle (Deb)
- create a focal point on your photo without cropping it (Kelly)
- add small embellishments that help tell your story (Valerie)
- try layering your photo mattes, tipping each layer slightly askew (Francine)
- paint your letter stickers (Diane)
- layer your letter stickers onto your photo (Vivian)
- use a circle garland to help lead you into the focal point of your photo (Keshet)
- get out your label maker and put it to use! (Monika)
- trim your photo to an unusual size (Kathy)
- trend alert: wooden embellies and people chains (Teka)
- use your washi tape for journaling strips (Marie)
- create a border with 7 scraps of paper (Lisa)
- create a triangle mosaic (Sarah)
- create a mirror image layout (top to bottom or side to side) (Emily)
- create a layered embellishment collage (Katrina)
- rounded corners are still in. have fun! (Erin)
- use three patterned papers of varying colors, but with similar scale and cut to similar sizes (Amy)
- trend prediction: quatre foil is the next big graphic (Alexandra)
- use a number in your title (Emily)
- use a long descriptive title (Marnie)
- embrace some white space (Karen)
So many great ideas! I am thinking I might take one from each list, put them together and make a layout! Will you join me?
As a thank you for joining us this month, Monika has put together a printable for you to help celebrate the perfect pairings in your life!
You may download it here.
And here is a sweet layout that she made using it!
Before we go, one last reminder that the clock is ticking on our Talent Search. Hurry and get your audition tapes ready! (just kidding about audition tapes, but not kidding about the deadline drawing near!)
Have a great weekend! And thank you for joining us for this magnificent start to our summer series!!