Hey, Erin here, and if you're anything like me, you didn't just read the title, you sang it. As in the theme song from Golden Girls. I loved that show growing up, and watched it with my mom every week. Of course, I have no idea what exactly I liked about it back then, since I couldn't have understood half of it. But I guess the funniness that is Rose Nylund transcends age.
Watching a couple episodes last week got me thinking of friends. Specifically, my friendships as an adult. I recently was able to see one of my best friends from college for the first time in nearly five years. She was coming in to town for work and was able to come in a day early and stay with us.
I've made pages about my childhood, and with those have recorded some of my childhood/high school friendships. But I haven't done much on those friends I've made as an adult. And right now, those are the most meaningful friends I have. They're experiencing day-to-day life with me. They're by my side as I'm raising my children and they're the ones I see every week. They're the ones I share the little things with. They see me sweaty at the gym, dressed up for dinner and all the in-betweens. I want to make sure I give them a proper place in my albums. I want to look back and remember these friends I cherish. Remember the stories, the things we laughed at, the impact they've had on my life.
I know it's summer, and we're busy. And chances are if you're scrapbooking, you're recording summer memories. But take a minute and create a page celebrating a special friendship in your life.
- Have you recently gotten together with a friend you haven't seen in a while?
- Have a neighbor you've become good friends with?
- How did you meet the friends you have now as an adult?
- Focus on something you have in common with a friend - hobby, job, kids?
- Is there a funny story you tell over and over again?
- Do you have pictures of the two of you from the same event over multiple years?
- Do your families get together for dinner or outings?
Take a minute, grab a picture and create a page celebrating your friendships today!