Today I'm wrapping up a week of fun and funny with layouts that put a funny and humorous spin on daily life...what I like to call the "Seinfeld perspective". I think some people tend to do this more than others naturally, and I hope you can find some inspiration as I showcase some "funny" styles of some of our members.
First let's look at how Christine makes light of hamburgers, popcorn and talking on the phone:
Christine's style is naturally light and funny. Let's look at some of Christine's techniques:
- she uses her photos to create almost a comic strip effect
- the doodles add a light and fun feel
- her layouts are bright and vibrant and full of life
- mixed-up fun fonts puts a fun spin on her titles
- she uses lots of funny photos!
Jennie has a lovely lighthearted way of scrapping small moments. She uses subtle humour in many of her layouts:
Jennie's methods of making her layouts funny include:
- focus on the quirks! She chose topics that were funny to her, like her son's favourite song being "Call Me Maybe!"
- using photos with her kids in funny poses.
Next lets look at Aliza's approach to funny:
Here's what Aliza said about her style: "I like to capture lots of our inside jokes, and I think using some humor in the telling of everyday stories just makes the journaling a little more fun and interesting. "
Aliza will also let her journaling range from silly to sarcastic to make a story funnier.
Sarah (that's me!)
Finally, here's a few of my own examples with a funny spin on things:
My tips for adding humor to your layouts are:
- use irony - either scrap something atypical, or pair your title and journaling with a photo that shows the opposite. For example, in my layout about dolls, I used a photo of me cuddling a doll with the title "I Never Really Liked Dolls."
- scrap a funny story from your childhood - perhaps one that your parents tell over and over again!
- take a lighthearted look at sibling rivalry
- exaggerate! I took some photos from a "week in the life" project a few years ago, of my UPS man delivering my monthly kit, and exaggerated his role in my life!
Thanks for joining me this week. I hope you enjoyed it and had some fun!