In keeping with the gallery theme this month, I decided a week of blogging all about us—the scrapbooker—was in order. For me, this is definitely a challenge that needs conquering. I just don't make myself a priority. I think our kids and family will look back through our scrapbooks and really cherish those layouts that include us or are entirely about us. Ninety-nine percent of the time, I am the one behind the camera in my home. I made two goals for myself when scrapping this year: (1) journal more and (2) get in more photos. It's so much more fun and maybe even easier to create layouts about our kids. But this week I challenge you to get in front of the camera and make a layout, or two, or more about yourself. The January gallery and Lisa's Click post on taking self portraits have gotten us off to a great start. I have a lot of prompts, ideas, and inspiration up my sleeve from myself and the collective.
Let's start with something simple, that some of you may cringe at the thought of talking about: our birthdays, or more specifically—our age. Yes, our kids birthdays are so much more fun, but why not celebrate our own too?
Christa made this fun page about her last year in her thirties.
Christine talks about turning 40 and includes maybe the first photo ever taken of her. Layouts with then and now photos are always great.
Diane made of list of things to do that matches her age in years.
And me, I simply stated a fun little fact about myself on my birthday.
Journaling Prompts for Birthday/Age Related Layouts
- State the who, what, when, and where of your birthday celebration.
- Make a list of things to do. Make the list length match your age in years.
- Make a layout with photos celebrating each decade of your life (20's, 30's, 40's, etc.)
- Scrap a past birthday and share fun facts about the big things that happened that year.
- What are you looking forward to/not looking forward to about being a particular age?
- What was your favorite birthday gift ever?
- What has been your favorite age and why?
- Make a layout about your most memorable birthday moment.
- What is your dessert of choice/favorite cake flavor you like to have on your birthday?
- Do you have any birthday traditions?