Today we are going to make two things for the office. Some of our dads spend a lot of time there--they might as well be reminded of us while they are gone, no? But in a tasteful, grown up way, of course. Something appropriate for the office.
First, we are going to use some of our scrapbooking magic skills to create a mustache mug.
- a mug
- a sharpie
- a cutting machine (optional)
- contact paper (optional)
- an oven
- Wash your cup and determine what size you would like you mustache to be.
Use your Cricut to cut out a mustache of your choosing. We used the Billionaire cartridge.
- Next, trim around the mustaches, and take the mustache out. Using the outline, affix it to the cups, making sure to place it on the front of the cup.
- Now, use the sharpie to color in the mustache. Ours bled a small bit, so be sure to be careful by the lines. (But you don't have to be too careful about staying inside the lines with the contact paper.)
- Once your mustaches are colored in, remove the contact paper, being careful to not smear the mustache.
- Place your cup in the cold oven. Set the timer to 350°. Once the oven is warm, set the timer for 30 minutes. Once the timer beeps, turn the oven off and open the door. Let the cups cool inside the oven. Remove them after the oven has cooled down.
That's it! A cup worthy of a dad and his office. Feel free to sign the bottom before cooking it you want to add a bit of personal flair.
And if you don't have a Cricut you can freestyle it, or use a mustache font with your Silhouette. ☺ (Because Amy convinced us all to buy one!) You could do a red heart if you prefer. Or have your child write a message to their dad. The possiblities are endless!
Photos and frames are a lovely gift for an office. But you needn't do it with just a photo. You can add a bit of extra.
And if your kids are grown, look back in the archives and find an old photo of your children with their dad when they were tiny. Little pulls the heart strings as much as a tiny person! Once you find your photo, look for a close crop that will bring the attention to the focal point of your picture.
We hope you are enjoying our week together! See you tomorrow for more...