Hello! Amy here and I'm excited to be starting off Week 2 of Mini Madness, sponsored by Gossamer Blue!
I had the pleasure of working with their fabulous March 2014 Main Kit, whose soft colors and romantic vibe inspired me to roundup snapshots and tidbits from the eight years of my marriage into this 4 x 4" accordion style album.
Because of the small size I had chosen for my mini, I opted for a sturdy cover and binding, so I used two 4 x 4 mini canvases that I painted stripes on with grey paint and some gold ribbon from my stash. Everything else I needed for my mini album I found inside my Gossamer Blue Kit, including the stickers that I used to finish off my cover.
THE ACCORDION BASE...
I used cardstock from the kit to make my accordion base, which I cut into (3) 4" strips and folded into 4" sections. I adjoined the three pieces using washi tape at the seams to make one long accordion piece with 18 sections front and back. Then I covered each of the sections of my base with my favorite patterned papers from the kit--leaving a few spots blank for full page photos.
The best thing about using an accordion style approach was that I didn't have to get too caught up in the organization of the album, instead I just filled my pages with Instagram photos of us and stories about some of the memorable moments we've shared over the last eight years.
I also included pages that shared fun little facts about us, including what side of the bed we sleep on, things we say about our better half, things our kids say about us and more. The sheet of tags included in the kit offered fun prompts and a great place for recording little tidbits about us.
RECORDING YOUR LOVE STORY...
Having just celebrated my 8th Anniversary, there was really no question what I wanted to record in this mini album and Gossamer Blue's March Main Kit was perfectly suited to the task! But it also got me to thinking about why I had waited so long to make this album for myself and my husband. I realized that I didn't need to wait for a big event like my anniversary...love is timeless and is worthy of being documented 365 days of the year!
So here is a list of ideas to get you started recording your own "love story"...
- Include your favorite picture of the two of you and talk about what's changed since it was taken.
- Record your favorite thing to do together.
- Document the story of your most memorable anniversary.
- Include a family photo and reflect back on your feelings about starting a family together.
- Record your favorite thing about your spouse and their favorite thing about you.
- Document fun facts about each of you that make you different, yet compatible with one another.
- Include the story of how you met.
- Record any date night traditions.
- Include a photo of your last vacation or getaway
- Write love letters to one another that you can go back and read year after year.
I had a blast making this album and I'd like to extend a big thank you to Gossamer Blue for inspiring me to finally record my love story with their beautiful kit! And don't forget to join us tomorrow for more Mini Madness!