Thank you for stopping yesterday! I hope you took a moment to make a layout, be it one with a list or not. I know they aren't layouts that exactly fit in our chronological albums, but they are fun to have and I hope that my kids will get a kick out of reading them one day.
Today we are going to create a childhood layout. It totally doesn't matter if you have any photos or not. I have very few photos from mine, but I can't let that get in my way! And yes, I realize I could just write my stories down in a journal, but honestly, scrapbooking is how I journal my story, so it seems more fun to pretty up the words with patterned paper and pretty embellishments!
I have always written faster when my topic is defined for me. Tell me to write a story and I will stare at a blank paper for hours. Tell me to write about a time when I worked hard to get something I wanted, and I will fill pages of notebooks. Silly, I know, but it seems to be how I work. I thought maybe some of you might be the same, so I came up with a list of things we could use to record a few ideas about our childhood.
- our family vacations were often to.../fun/crazy/troubled/awesome
- my mom was an amazing/awful/absent cook
- my room was decorated with... and I loved it/wish it had been/felt so lucky
- our family car was a (color/make/model) and I remember driving in it to...
- on Sunday afternoons, we used to...
- sleepovers were not allowed/a regular occurrence/the greatest thing ever invented
- I met my favorite childhood friend when...
- books changed my life
- the teacher than most affected my life was...
- when I was little, my nickname was... and I got it because...
- my mom used to do my hair and it usually looked good/ridiculous/hilarious/stylish
- when I was little I wanted to be a ... when I grew up
- my home was filled with music (type/volume/lessons)
I started with the books prompt. I have already recorded my love of Nancy Drew, so I took a different approach and made a page about a tiny little picture book that changed my life.
I hope you find the prompts helpful! I look forward to reading more about you in your pages!