Hello! It's Jennifer Larson, sharing an idea for a page I did last year that I will probably do every year, a page that starts with journaling.
The purpose of the page is to assemble the highlights of the year in one page, starting with the prompt, "This was the year that..." What kind of things can you include? Anything that jumps out at you. Here's some ideas:
- Something new
- A loss
- Something about a hobby
- Something you finally did
- Something you enjoyed
- Something challenging
- Something that ended
I make the list to include the whole family. It's my point of view of what was significant to your year, but you could certainly involve your family and friends. I think that would be fun!
Here's the page I made for 2013:
I used leftover, unscrapped photos that represented the journaling. In other words, I tried not to print anything new.
And some details from the page:
I haven't yet made my page for 2014, but here's my list:
- We crossed the Mississippi Headwaters.
- We packed out to camp at Lake Maria State Park.
- I became technologically superior to my husband with my iPad Air for work and my iPhone 6.
- Derick celebrated his 50th at Holland, Michigan.
- We survived the Polar Vortex and the June floods.
- I began running again.
- The boys took up acting.
- Dominic joined orchestra.
- The boys started their final year of elementary school.
- We lost our beloved Agatha but gained our kitten Pepper.
- Derick traveled to London for work.
I might add another thing to the list just because the oddness of 11. I'm just that way.
Thank you for reading about my suggestions for jouraling your year-in-review! I hope you enjoy it and that it gives you ideas.