Hi there, Jennifer here today to talk to you about creative ways to review your summer memories! I just love creating and looking at pages that combine multiple moments in time into one season/month/year in review! Since Summer is the season we are sadly saying goodbye to, so very quickly (here in the US), I thought it would be fun to share some tips and tricks to creating your own summer in review layouts!
At the end of each summer I create a layout to document all the big and little adventures we accomplished! It is a fun way to wrap up all the memories we shared throughout the summer months. Here are my top 5 tips to starting and successfully completing a summer in review layout!
1. Start with the end in mind! This is always my top tip for most everything in life ;) As far as scrapbooking is concerned, I usually start with a design/sketch or template in mind. Multi photo sketches are a perfect way to combine many photos & memories onto one layout! Papers with photo frames area also a fun way to showcase multiple photos quickly and easily!
2. Figure out your top 10 moments of the summer and document them on a layout! You may have more, you may have less. Use whatever number you choose to help narrow down the photos and memories you want to document. In narrowing down the job it seems more manageable and less overwhelming to get finished!
3. Use a grid based design to pull all your photos together! Grids always have a clean look to them and are very pleasing to the eye. You can use a photo editing program to pull all your photos together easily, print them out and add them to your layout as is.Add in a few embellishments and journaling and your summer in review is complete!
4. Type your journaling out in list form. A summer in review layout doesn't have to be a journal heavy layout, just a quick recap of your favorite moments of the summer! A quick and easy approach to this type of documentation is a simple list. With each photo type a few words about where you went and/or what you did. Quick easy and done!
5. Make it fun! Summer is all about free time, lazy days, sunshine and great memories! So make you page showcase that! Add fun whimsical embellishments, a fun font or alpha, and lots of bright colors!
The most important thing is getting those memories documented so you can always look back and remember what a great summer you had!